What you need:
3 tbs melted (unsalted) butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbs baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup milk
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup bittersweet (or semisweet) chocolate chips (add more if you want more chocolate)
What you need to do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients (you want to make sure the spices are evenly distributed).
3. Beat the egg in a separate bowl, and add it, along with the milk and melted butter, to the dry ingredients.
4. Fold and stir (not beat) the wet and dry ingredients together.
5. Once they're thoroughly mixed, add the raisins and chocolate chips.
6. Continue to fold the new ingredients into the mixture.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin (we recommend using an ice cream scooper).
7. Bake for 20 min.